Uganda visa information
The Government of Uganda has an online visa application When you are visiting Uganda you must apply for a visa online:
- Go to the website https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
- Please make sure you have the following documents in .pdf, .jpeg, .png or .bmp format: a copy of your passport, copy of recent passport size photograph and a vaccination certificate (Yellow Fever)
- Fill in the form (normally you need an “ordinary” visa, single entry)
- When you send the form you will immediately receive a tracking code. This code helps you to keep track of how far your application has progressed. You can check its status from this webpage
- The Ugandan authorities will send you a letter in the email after they have approved your application (please check you SPAM folder too)
- Print this letter and bring it with you when you arrive at the overland border or at Entebbe International Airport. You need this letter to be allowed to purchase the entree visa there for USD 50.